As a dedicated fundraising and grant professional, I have raised over $25 million dollars for Hawaii nonprofits during my 20+ year fundraising career. My grant experience spans the health care, education, behavioral health, community service, safety, cultural, Christian, and youth sectors.
At Hope Partners Hawaii, we specialize in finding the right funding fit for our nonprofit organizations’ mission and programs, with the right funders for successful grant requests. The services are tailor-made to start exactly where the organization is in their grant readiness, program development, relationships with funders, and grant history. As a key component of our grant success, we focus on telling the STORY of the nonprofit’s programs and impact, in a succinct and compelling way.
Hope Partners Hawaii, a two-person partnership, provides laser-focused grant services including:
- Grant Consulting for Readiness
- Grant Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing and Editing
- Foundation, Corporate and Government Funding Prospect Research
- Case for Support Preparation
- Capital Campaign Grants
We dive deep to learn about the organizations we serve. With an attitude of service to our community as the leading value, we are humbled daily in our journey to tell the story of the amazing people and nonprofits who are working so hard to change the world.
With over 23 years of experience as a professional fundraiser in Hawaii, I bring a well-rounded skillset to serve my community through Hope Partners Hawaii. Now, as a full-time Grant Professional, I am laser-focused on assisting nonprofit organizations in building out their funding streams in the foundation, corporate and government grant arenas.
I previously served as the American Cancer Society’s Executive Director for Hawaii and Guam, as the lead staff for the $14 million Hope Lodge Hawaii capital campaign, and in other major roles during my twelve years at the American Cancer Society.
In 2018-2019, I served as the President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Aloha Chapter, leading and representing the 180 members of the local association within our community.
- Awarded “Nationwide Major Gifts Director of the Year” and “Top Performer” by the American Cancer Society (2015)
- Awarded “Outstanding Professional Fundraiser” by the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Aloha Chapter (2016)
- Earned the prestigious Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation from CFRE International, one of only 25 fundraisers in Hawaii currently with this level of certification
- Earned the rigorous Grant Professional Certified (GPC) certification to become one of only 426 GPCs certified in the U.S., and currently serve as Hawaii’s only GPC Grant Professional
- Registered as a Professional Fundraising Counsel in the state of Hawaii
Phone: (808) 258-0110
City, State, Zip: Kailua, HI 96734
Fund Development / Grants
Get in touch with Cathy
"*" indicates required fields