You know that over-quoted directive from Gandhi to “be the change you wish to see in the world“–? I believe most people want to do something to make the world a better place but often need information, tools, or other resources to effect that desired change. That’s where I come in.
In 2012, I launched a consultancy with the core goal of empowering people to be active and informed stewards of our communities and environment through services that strengthen community-driven initiatives, advance forward thinking policy-making, and build effective public-private partnerships. My current focus lies in the realm of cause-driven communications and marketing.
Ready to take a purposeful approach to your communications? Let’s talk! My current focus is supporting nonprofits and other community-serving clients to develop or strengthen cause-based communications, marketing, and community-building efforts through thought partnership, training, technical assistance, and advisory services. In addition to one-to-one client services, I offer a selection of self-paced, do-it-yourself training materials and planning guides, as well as an online learning hub and strategy lab, Comms For Causes.
A sampling of organizations I’ve collaborated with, or provided training to, include:
- Division of Forestry & Wildlife, DLNR, State of Hawai‘i
- Donkey Mill Art Center
- Friends of Hawaii’s Urban Forest / Smart Trees Pacific
- Harold K.L. Castle Foundation
- Hauʻoli Mau Loa Foundation
- Hawaiʻi Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations
- Hawaiʻi Conservation Alliance Foundation
- Hawaiʻi Environmental Funders Group
- Honolulu Zoo Society
- HUGS – Help, Understanding & Group Support
- KEY Project
- Kuaʻāina Ulu ‘Auamo
- Mālama Learning Center
- Mālama Pūpūkea-Waimea
- Nā Lei Aloha Foundation
- National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
- Reef Resilience Network (led by The Nature Conservancy)
- Reissa Foundation
- Responsive Caregivers of Hawai‘i
- The Keith and Judy Swayne Family Foundation
- Weinberg Fellows Program
To see a detailed listing of my community and professional experience, please visit my profile on LinkedIn.
Phone: (808) 271-1721
Address: P.O. Box 240198
City, State, Zip: Honolulu HI 96824-0198
Get in touch with Jen