After working internationally for three decades for both multinationals and start-ups, I recently returned to Hawai‘i to make a difference in my community. I raised over $1 million in just 1-2 years for non-profits in Hawai‘i that I helped to scale-up. At the suggestion of numerous colleagues, I am now offering my grant writing, fundraising and advisory services to others.
Previously, I was a marketer and communications consultant for a variety of private, public and non-profit organizations for nearly three decades. Thanks to this experience, I’m able to tell a compelling fundraising story. Moreover, equipped with an MBA from the London Business School and an MA in economics from the Johns Hopkins University, as well as substantial hands on experience, I can help you to devise the budgets, financial forecasts and project plans to convince a funder that your organization is worth funding.
Before returning to Hawai‘i, I ran a communications agency in Brussels, Belgium, researching and writing about complex policies for the European Commission in fields such as sustainability, healthcare, animal welfare, consumer protection, labor, technology, economics and finance. During this time, I also acquired expertise in digital marketing – particularly the development of online sales funnels. I am now applying this expertise to help non-profits to establish online campaigns to grow their donor databases and funds.
My strengths are in fundraising, marketing, communications and strategy development. Given my background, I have a unique multi-cultural and international perspective, yet having grown up in Hawai‘i I also understand the local culture.
As I have spent the bulk of my career in the private sector and as an entrepreneur, I am results-oriented and actively seeking ways to make non-profits more financially self-sustaining such as through social enterprise.
I am also interested in exploring systemic solutions that get to the root of problems by applying concepts such as the circular economy and systems thinking.
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising Strategy and Campaign Development
- Digital Marketing and Donor Funnel Development
- Donor Research
- Donor and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software selection and deployment
- Strategic Planning and Visioning (systems thinking, scenario planning, etc.)
- Strategic Communications Planning
- Communications Audits
- Writing (op-eds, reports, blogs, social media, press releases, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Paradise Lost or Paradise Found? 5 Scenarios for Hawai‘i (Civil Beat)
- Making Change: Philanthropic Organizations May Be the Key (Honolulu Star Advertiser)
- The Smart Presenter: Double Your Impact, Halve Your Preparation Time (Amazon)
- Sales Forecasting for Busy People: 16 Easy and Effective Forecasting Techniques (Amazon)
Phone: (808) 594-3945
Address: 2569 Peter St.
City, State, Zip: Honolulu, HI 96816