Essential Leap is a strategy, program/business development, policy and regulatory consulting practice supporting clean energy and climate adaptation companies.
I, Veronica Rocha, founded Essential Leap to address the existing climate crisis requiring us to reduce greenhouse gases by accelerating the deployment of clean energy and proactively adapting our communities to climate change.
My extensive public and private experience ranges from policy development, regulatory intervention, strategy, program/business development, and engineering. I also have executive leadership experience having served in 2018 and 2019 as President of Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE), a Hawaii-based non-profit with over 120 members dedicated to providing women a forum to bring about a more sustainable Hawaii powered by clean energy.
- 2019: Trained by Nobel Laureate and former US Vice President Al Gore to become a Climate Reality Leader
- 2017: Recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 Business Leader by Pacific Business News
- 2017: Finalist for the Clean Energy & Empowerment (C3E) Government Award recognizing mid-career women who have demonstrated outstanding leadership
- 2008: Master of Business Administration, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- 2001: Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science, Stanford University
Phone: (831) 840-7954
City, State, Zip: Honolulu, HI
Essential Leap provides strategy, program/business development, policy and regulatory expertise to clean energy and climate adaptation companies.
- Strategy: Work with us to determine how your company can achieve the market impact it envisions.
- Program/Business Development: Launching or expanding upon a new program or product? We have both the market knowledge and contacts to get your solution in the right hands. Our network bridges the private, public and non-profit sectors.
- Policy/Regulatory: Have a solution that can only succeed in a new policy regime? With years of experience in public policy, we can assist you through the introduction, advocacy and implementation of new policies!
How are we unique?
- Focus and shared mission: We are the first and only Hawaii boutique consulting practice specifically serving clean energy and climate adaptation companies. By working with us you can be assured we share a common mission driving our work.
- Public and private sector expertise and network: Clean energy and climate adaptation challenges commonly require holistic solutions involving the public and private sector. Having worked in both arenas, we have a strong network and understand how to work with public and private sector entities to readily forge win-win solutions.
- Reach: We specialize in the Hawaii market but our clients operate in and out of Hawaii. We work with a broad range of clients, e.g. nonprofits, technology providers, and sustainability investors.